Prep time: 20 minutes
Rise Time: 2 1/2 hours
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water
4 cups flour (I use 3 cups organic bread flour and 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour. This is the combination that we like best but I have tried all different combinations and the bread still tastes good)
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil or applesauce
1. Mix water and yeast in bowl of stand mixer (if you don't have a stand mixer just mix in bowl), let stand for 10 minutes until bubbly.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Kneed for 10 minutes (this is where the kitchen aid makes a huge different) until the dough is no longer sticky.
3. Form dough into a bowl and oil it. Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Punch down dough and form into a bread pan. Cover and let rise another hour.
5. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes. I use our toaster oven and it comes out perfect.
6. Cool out of the pan on a cooling rack. Do not slice until completely cooled.